Root canal treatment is a method of repairing and protecting damaged teeth without getting rid of them permanently.
People hear about the word root canal and think of pain. But the reality is the root canal in actual bits of help in relieving pain.
What is a root canal?
A root canal is a dental practice that needs to be done to clean inside of a tooth at the time when the pulp of the tooth gets infected. Reasons behind the root canal of a tooth can be:
- Needing a crown
- Severe tooth damage
- A tooth abscess
- Cracked tooth or fillings
- Mouth/facial/tooth trauma
If you are experiencing symptoms like tooth pain, extreme sensitivity in the tooth, swelling, and soreness, get in touch with Brandon dentist tooth fillings since the pain might be resolved with a root canal.
Steps to a root canal
- An X-ray has to be done in order to check the extent of the infection and to see the entire tooth and root.
- Anesthesia is given to the patient to keep them comfortable during the procedure.
- Rubber sheeting which is also known as the dental dam is placed around the tooth to keep it dry. It is also placed on the adjacent teeth. This rubber guard helps in keeping the saliva away from the tooth to make sure safety.
- The dentist creates a small hole or opening in the tooth from behind the tooth. This permits the dentist to clean the inside of the tooth. If the tooth is going to be restored, this leads to the removal of infection; therefore the inside of the tooth is cleaned.
- The canals are disinfected with the help of antiseptic and antibacterial solutions and a special type of filling is done through Brandon Dentist tooth fillings.
- Filling the space within the tooth to prevent reinfection.
- For the step of restoration, a crown is used.
For additional information, speak to Dentist Brandon at the contact number given on her official website. She would definitely help you out in giving you detailed knowledge about the root canal. You can schedule your appointment with her.